In Destiny 2 we find all of the same types of subclasses from Destiny but they have all been reworked. Here I am examining the rework
and proposing my own changes to the classes to keep the streamlined feeling while bringing back some of the RPG like choice that was in Destiny.
My first pass of the classes is complete. I made a new class screen concept piece and arranged a third set of abilites for each sub class as well as a third class ability.
This is a basic pass. It only adds one new path. I want to explore the ability to mix and match certain abilities from all of the paths in the second pass. A complete word document is
available here with all original and new ability sets.
Battlement Barricade: Provides cover with places to shoot through. Grants an overshield while in cover.
Code of the Forgemaster (NEW)
• Stoke the Forge – Natively reduces the cooldown of your Sunstrike melee. Getting a killing blow with Sunstrike instantly recharges it.
• Simmering Flames – When Super energy is full, grenade and melee abilities recharge twice as fast.
• Suncharge – Press (R1/RB) during Hammer of Sol to hurl yourself forward. Enemies in your path explode, chaining fiery damage to other enemies.
• Forgemaster – Throw more hammers, and hammers cause bigger explosions.
Code of the Fist (NEW)
• Staying Power – Increases the duration of the Pulse Grenade, Lightning Grenade, and Aftermath.
• Overload – Hits with Storm Fist have a chance to immediately reset its cooldown.
• Amplify – Kills with Storm Fist significantly reduce the cooldown of Fist of Havoc.
• Shockwave – Fist of Havoc unleashes a wave of devastating energy which travels along the ground.
Code of the Stalwart (NEW)
• Unbreakable – Force Barrier continually recharges.
• Gift of the Void – While Force Barrier is active all your melee kills create Orbs of Light.
• Ward of Dawn – When Super energy is full, press and hold activation key to create a shielding dome to protect you and your allies.
• Armor of Light – While inside Ward of Dawn you and your allies gain significant damage resistance.
Outta Dodge: dodge to perform a short range teleport. Enemies lose sight of you.
Way of the Predator (NEW)
• Envenomed – Adds a toxin that damages enemies within the smoke.
• Disorient – Smoke blinds and masks radar.
• Predator – The Void Anchors fired from Shadowshot become traps that stick to surfaces and wait for prey.
• Blood Bound – Tethered enemies explode when killed. Damage to tethered enemies is shared to all.
Way of the Showstopper (NEW)
• Backstab - Hitting an enemy from behind with melee causes significantly more damage.
• Hungering Energy - Kills with Arc Staff and melee immediately regenerate health.
• Encore - Killing an enemy with Arc Blade extends its duration.
• Razor’s Edge – Dodging during Arc Staff sends a destructive wave of energy along the ground towards where you dodged from.
Way of the Gambler (NEW)
• Gambler’s Dagger - Gain an additional Throwing Knife.
• Gunslinger’s Trance - Precision kills increase weapon stability. Stacks up to 3 times.
• Over the Horizon - Increases the range of Golden Gun.
• Combustion - Killing enemies with Golden Gun causes them to explode.
Enlightening Rift: Speeds up grenade/dodge/ability recharge rate (not super).
Attunement of Radiance (NEW)
• Solar Wind - Reduces the cooldown of melee. Hitting an enemy with melee knocks them back.
• Sunburst - Killing an enemy with melee generates an Orb of Light.
• Radiant Will – Increases the duration of Daybreak.
• Radiant Skin - While active, Daybreak reduces incoming damage.
Attunement of Annihilation (NEW)
• Soul Rip - Damaging an enemy with Energy Drain reduces the cooldown of Nova Bomb.
• Annihilation - Increases the size of the explosion created by Nova Bomb and Vortex grenade.
• Surrounded – Using Nova Bomb in a crowd dramatically increases its damage.
• Embrace the Void - Killing enemies with Nova Bomb or any grenade triggers the Energy Drain effect.
Attunement of the Storm (NEW)
• Perpetual Charge – Getting a grenade kill recharges your melee. Getting a melee kill recharges your grenade.
• Feedback – Incoming melee attacks fully recharge and intensify your Melee.
• Superconductor – Doubles your Stormtrance lightning's chaining capabilities.
• Rising Storm - Hits with Melee charge your Super Ability and Melee energy.